A list of articles I wrote about photography
Simply click on the title of the article you want to read:
Articles for Digital Photography School:
- 7 Tips for a More Anonymous Approach to Street Photography
- Color or Black and White for Street Photography?
- There is No Bad Light for Street Photography
- Do visual Push-Ups Everyday to Grow as a Photographer
- 7 Steps to Create Silhouettes in Street Photography
- 8 things you should know if you are dating a street photographer
- Using Humor in Street Photography
- The most Valuable Photography Tips Ever
- To be or not to be a Street Photographer
- A quick and Easy Way to Make Money with your Photography
- Lost Your Photo Mojo? Ten Tips To Bring Back The Magic
- Tips to Protect your Gear in Harsh Weather Conditions
- How to Make A Portrait of a Stranger in 8 Easy Steps
- Start To See Photographically In Six Easy Steps
- My 30-Day Adventure With The Fuji x100s
- Minimalist Photography: 4 Tips to Keep It Simple With The Maximum Impact
- Think Outside The Postcard When Photographing Famous Landmarks
- 10 Tips To Get Out Of Photographer's Block
- What Are Your Worst Habits As A Photographer?
- What Would Help Improve Your Photography?
- How To Approach Street Photography In 12 Easy Steps
- 12 Myths About Photography And Photographers
- The Power Of Limitations
- Turning Pro Part I: Portfolio And Persistence
- Turning Pro Part II: People Skills And Generosity
- Turning Pro Part III: Passion And Vision
- Turning Pro Part IV: Style Development And Life Long Learning
- Turning Pro Part V: Support System And Balance
- 8 Tips To Take Better Travel Pictures
- Stop Whining About Your Equipment. Get Out There And Shoot!
- 3 Ways To Know If Your Work Is Good
- Are You A Light Seeker?
- 15 Tips About Turning Pro
- Window Street Photography
- My Still Life Photography Adventure
- Give Yourself Assignments And Get Out There!
- Fun With Macro Photography
- See The Extraordinary In The Ordinary
- Tips To Stay Photographically Focussed When Visiting A Large City
- 5 Tips To Expand Your Photography Business Skills
- Can Photography Become An Addiction?
- So You Want To Sell Your Photography?
- Are You In A Photography Rut? 11 Tips To Get Out Of It
- 7 Tips From An Avid Photographer Traveling With Kids
- What Do I Look For On A Photo Walk? Part I City Walk
- What Do I Look For On A Photo Walk? Part II Walk In Nature
- The Importance Of Personal Projects
- A Simple Exercise To Train Your Photographic Eye
Interview and cover photo for Kelby Media Light It Magazine: (Click on the cover to read the article)
Featured in Extraordinary Vision Magazine Issue #17: (Click on the cover to read the article)
Interviews, podcast appearances and more!
Featured Extraordinary Vision Magazine Issue #17 (see below)
Featured in Shades of Grey magazine #4
Audio Interviews & Guest Appearances on Photography Podcasts or Radio Shows:
Hit the Streets with Valerie Jardin, my new podcast for the urban photographer.
I was the host of the weekly Street Focus podcast for 2 years and 104 episodes.
Interview for Street Photography Magazine
Photo Focus The Inspiration Show
Guest on the Australian SIC Show Share-Inspire-Create
Guest on WeShootFuji
Guest on Mirrorless Minutes
Blog posts published by my photo workshop students:
Street Silhouettes ~ Article in July issue of FujiLove Magazine
Cover and 10-page spread in MonoPix, print book and epub