MINNEAPOLIS 1 Day Workshop October 6, 2018
MINNEAPOLIS 1 Day Workshop October 6, 2018
This workshop is packed with information on how to approach and shoot street photography.
The workshop will start at 9:00 am. We will meet for a presentation in a conference room downtown Minneapolis during which we will be discussing the different ways to approach street photography. We will go over the ethical aspects of this popular genre of photography, the do's & don'ts and how to get over the fear of photographing strangers in the streets. From candid shots to street portraits, we will look at techniques to tell a story in a frame. Immediately following the presentation we will go on a photo walk to practice newly learned techniques.
We will finish the afternoon in the classroom for some post processing and a group critique session.
This workshop is designed to fit beginner photographers as well as more experienced ones. It is limited to 10 participants, registration is first come, first serve basis.
I encourage participants to shoot with gear that they are very familiar with. Comfort is also important as we will be walking for a few hours. It is strongly encouraged to bring a laptop computer or a tablet for the critique session (you do not need your computer on day 1, just something to take notes with if you are so inclined, whatever you bring with you on Saturday morning will have to stay with you during the photo walk.) You can use the processing software you are most familiar with. Please note that I will not be teaching how to use a processing software during this workshop and you need to know how to use the software of your choice ahead of time.
TERM & CONDITIONS:
All registrations are accepted in the order received. Early registration is strongly suggested since there are limited spaces available. Full payment is due upon registration.
Eligibility Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the entire journey.
Included in the Minneapolis photo workshop cost: Instruction by Valerie Jardin, Use of a conference room with projection.
Not included in the Minneapolis photo workshop cost: Meals and accommodations
To reserve a spot on the workshop by Valerie Jardin Photography, Inc. Full payment is required upon registration.
- If you are unable or choose to no longer attend the photo workshop, the following refund schedule will apply:
- 120 or more days prior to the beginning of the workshop: 100% refund less a $100 administrative fee.
- Less than 120 days prior to the workshop: no refund unless you find someone to take your spot. There is a $100 administration fee for cancelations or registration transfer.
- Notification by email is required.
- Leaving a workshop in progress, for any reason, will not result in a refund.
- We reserve the right to cancel a workshop because of inadequate number of participants making the event economically infeasible to operate. In the event that a workshop is cancelled prior to departure, you will receive full refund of the cost of the workshop.
- Responsibility Valerie Jardin Photography, Inc. will provide education enrichment during photo tours. The other providers are solely responsible and liable for providing their respective services. Valerie Jardin Photography, Inc and its designated tour leaders shall not be held responsible for (A) any damage to, or loss of, property or injury to, or death of, persons occasioned directly or indirectly by an act or omission of any other provider, and (B) any loss or damage due to delay, cancellation, or disruption in any manner caused by the laws, regulations, acts or failures to act, demands, orders, or interpositions of any government, or by acts of nature, strikes, fire, flood, war, terrorism, sickness, theft, or any other cause(s) beyond their control. The participant waives any claim against Valerie Jardin Photography, Inc. and its designated tour leaders for any such loss, damage, injury, or death. Valerie Jardin Photography, Inc. reserves the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline to accept, or remove any participant on any photo workshop. Valerie Jardin Photography, Inc. reserves the right, without penalty, to make changes in the itinerary whenever, in their judgement, conditions warrants, or if they deem it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of participants. You have assumed the responsibility to select an activity appropriate to your physical abilities and interests. You are personally responsible for being in sufficiently good health to undertake the activity.