PARIS Weekend Workshop October 25-27, 2019
PARIS Weekend Workshop October 25-27, 2019
Cost of the workshop is $675.
Join me for two and half days of street photography in the city where it all began.
The weekend workshop includes:
The weekend will start late afternoon on Friday with a Keynote presentation followed by a welcome dinner at my favorite bistro in the 5th District near Le Pantheon and the Luxembourg Gardens. We will spend all day Saturday shooting. Sunday will start with a photo walk and end in the classroom with some post processing and a group critique session.
Everything you learn over the weekend will be easy to apply on any photo walk back home or during your travels. You will leave the workshop with a renewed vision and confidence as well as new friends who share the same passion for street photography.
I encourage participants to shoot with gear that they are very familiar with. Comfort is also important as we will be walking for a few hours.It is strongly encouraged to bring a laptop computer or a tablet for the Sunday afternoon critique session (you do not need your computer on Saturday morning, just something to take notes with if you are so inclined, whatever you bring with you on Saturday morning will have to stay with you during the photo walk.) You can use the processing software you are most familiar with. Please note that I will not be teaching how to use a processing software during this workshop and you need to know how to use the software of your choice ahead of time.
TERM & CONDITIONS:
All registrations are accepted in the order received.
Early registration is strongly suggested since there are limited spaces available.
Full payment is due upon registration.
Eligibility: Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the entire journey.
Included in the Street Photography workshop cost:
Instruction by Valerie Jardin.
Dinner on Friday night.
Use of a conference room with projection.
Not included in the photo workshop cost:
Saturday and Sunday meals
- Payment, cancellation, and refunds:
- To reserve a spot for the photo workshop full payment is required upon registration.
- If you are unable or you choose to no longer attend the photo workshop, the following refund schedule will apply:
- 120 or more days prior to the beginning of the workshop: 100% refund less a $150 administrative fee.
- Less than 120 days prior to the workshop: no refund unless you find someone to take your spot. The administration fee of $150 applies to all cancelations or transfer of registration.
- Cancelation notification is only accepted by email.
- Leaving a workshop in progress, for any reason, will not result in a refund.
- We reserve the right to cancel a workshop because of an inadequate number of participants making the workshop economically infeasible to operate. In the event that a workshop is canceled prior to departure, you will receive a full refund of the cost of the workshop.
- Travel insurance:
- For your protection, travel insurance is strongly recommended.
Valerie Jardin Photography, Inc. will provide educational enrichment during photo tours. The other providers are solely responsible and liable for providing their respective services. Valerie Jardin Photography, Inc shall not be held responsible for (A) any damage to, or loss of, property or injury to, or death of, persons occasioned directly or indirectly by an act or omission of any other provider, and (B) any loss or damage due to delay, cancellation, or disruption in any manner caused by the laws, regulations, acts or failures to act, demands, orders, or interpositions of any government, or by acts of nature, strikes, fire, flood, war, terrorism, sickness, theft, or any other cause(s) beyond their control. The participant waives any claim against Valerie Jardin Photography, Inc. for any such loss, damage, injury, or death. Valerie Jardin Photography, Inc. reserves the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline to accept or remove any participant on any photo workshop. Valerie Jardin Photography, Inc. reserves the right, without penalty, to make changes in the itinerary whenever, in their judgment, conditions warrants, or if they deem it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of participants. You have assumed the responsibility to select an activity appropriate to your physical abilities and interests. You are personally responsible for being in sufficiently good health to undertake the activity.